Overnight Oat and Chia Pudding with Cardamom Berries

With this recipe, you never have to scramble for a tasty, healthy breakfast in the morning. Make this super-easy oat and chia pudding the night before and you have a healthful breakfast waiting for you in the fridge.

I have a great love of cardamom, and I suspect that’s because it reminds me of the Indian sweets I grew up with. So I am always trying to find new ways to add cardamom in my recipes. Berries and cardamom, I am happy to report, are made for each other. I love the sweet scent of cardamom in this recipe and add it both to the berries and the pudding. If you don’t have ground cardamom, use ground cinnamon or cloves instead.

Rolled oats, also called old-fashioned oats, work best in this recipe. Rolled oats soaks up the almond milk really well and still retain their shape and have a great texture. Vary this recipe as you please. Use more or less liquid (almond milk), according to your preference. I use just a tablespoon of maple syrup because I prefer my oat and chia pudding on the less-sweet side. Feel free to add more maple syrup or any other sweetener.

Overnight Oat and Chia Pudding with Cardamom Berries
serves about 4

Ingredients
For the pudding:

  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 1 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 cup yogurt
  • 2 tablespoons chia seeds
  • 1 tablespoon maple syrup
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
  • Pinch of salt

For the berries:

  • 2 cups fresh berries
  • Pinch of ground cardamom

Optional toppings:

  • 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
  • 2 tablespoons coconut flakes

Method:

  1. Place all the pudding ingredients in a bowl. Gently mix until everything is well combined. Cover and refrigerate overnight. The next morning, if the pudding is too thick, add more almond milk until it gets to pudding consistency.
  2. When you are ready to serve, toss the berries with a pinch of ground cardamom and top the pudding with the berries. Drizzle extra maple syrup on top if you wish. Top with optional toppings if desired.


Komentar

Postingan Populer